Breast Cancer Websites
The internet offers a vast amount of information about breast cancer and this in itself can be confusing, daunting and even frustrating!
Information sourced on the internet is not a substitute for the advice and help of your medical specialists so it's always a good idea to discuss information you have found with your medical team.
Below are some useful, reliable and accurate websites you might like to visit for further information on breast cancer diagnosis, treatment, care, and support.
- www.nbocc.org.au The National Breast and Ovarian Cancer Centre strives to reduce mortality and improve the well-being of women diagnosed with breast or ovarian cancer. Full of excellent, up-to-the-minute information.
- www.bcna.org.au This is an excellent website from Breast Cancer Network Australia. There is a wealth of information about breast cancer, treatments and care that NZ women will find most helpful.
- www.breastcancer.org An American site providing excellent, user friendly information about breast cancer, treatments and care – information is easy to find and is written with the lay person in mind.
- www.breastcancerhealth.org Created by physicians, Breast Cancer Health was designed to improve the lives of people undergoing treatment and long-term breast cancer survivors.
- www.komen.org The Susan G. Komen Foundation aims to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
- www.cancerbackup.org.uk A comprehensive and informative website that provides more than 6000 pages of up-to-date cancer information, practical advice and support for cancer patients, their families and carers.