Boobops Dragon Boat team wins big
The Boobop Dragon Boat Club was formed in 2003 and hit the water to compete as a mixed team in 2004. This is the first season the team has been 100% breast cancer survivors and they have had an amazing season. To win two titles at the Nationals was a fitting season ending for a very dedicated coach, manager and paddlers.
There is amazing camaraderie throughout the team and they are all passionate about dragon boating. The Boobops team continue to socialise once a month throughout the off season including;
• an April Fishing Frenzy
• a May sleepover at the Mount after a fun paddle
• a June luncheon for wonderful Bernadette
• a Mid Winter Xmas in July
• in August the Taupo Half Marathon
• in September a mystery trip (two night sleepover)
• in October back on the water for paddling.
They always welcome paddlers or coffee ‘n’ cake members. For more information visit their website www.boobops.co.nz or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org.