Breast cancer treatment takes a huge toll on your body. You will find it easier to cope with the side effects of treatment if you are otherwise in good physical health.
Make sure you:
- Exercise. Studies have shown that regular moderate exercise can help to improve quality of life, reduce fatigue, improve energy levels and help to maintain a healthy weight.
- Get enough sleep. The physical side effects and emotional worry may cause sleeping problems, but try to get as much rest as possible.
- Eat a balanced diet. This will help to provide your body with the nutrients it needs and help you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Do things that help you to relax – walking on the beach, massage, meditation, yoga, music, art, reading. Anything that helps you to de-stress.
- Get help with chores around the house so you can focus on recovery rather than daily tasks.
- Access the Government support available for breast prostheses and wigs if this will make you feel better about your physical appearance after surgery and during treatment. Click here for more information about wigs or the breast prostheses subsidies.