Managing anxiety after cancer - 6-week online course
If you’ve had cancer, chances are you’ve felt pretty anxious about it at some point.
Whether that’s worries about recurrence, the effects of treatment, niggles or aches in your body, what other people might be thinking about you, altered body image, the future….or you may not even know what you’re worried about - just that you feel really tense and anxious more than you’d like to!
Join this six-week online group course offered by Life 2.0 that uses the latest evidence about best managing your anxiety after cancer.
In the course we’ll cover:
- Understanding anxiety - why we have it, and why all your intuitions about it are probably wrong!
- Why accepting anxiety is often the best plan, and how to do that
- Useful actions to take when overwhelmed by anxiety, including looking deeply at those high anxiety times (like medical appointments, bumping into someone you haven't seen for ages, people seeing your new body)
- Anxiety around changes to your body - including intimate relationships
- And how to make sense of this all of this so you can start living a great life after cancer.
Costs and Enrolment
- Six weekly online group sessions
- Wednesdays, 7 - 9 pm
- July 15th - August 19th, 2020
- Cost: $330* (early bird rate of $280 available until 15th June)
- Enrol: visit www.life20.co.nz, or email email@example.com, 021 22 77 069
*It is Jan’s intention the course is available to all, so if finances are a barrier please contact her to discuss payment options.
If you’re not sure if this course is right for you, join the free online session on Wednesday July 1st at 7 pm to get a taste of how the course will run. Plus, the opportunity to ask any questions. Book for the free session: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIoceyurzIjE9fm9Zg-1se9HSTDOXmDxm6g
Life 2.0 is facilitated by Jan Haworth who went through treatment for breast cancer herself in 2011. Jan holds a psychology degree, is a certified mindfulness teacher (MBSR), and has extensive knowledge and qualifications in holistic nutrition, health coaching, positive psychology and preventive health.