Further information on medicines access
You can find out more about medicines access in New Zealand and new treatments available for breast cancer on the following sites:
Medicines in New Zealand:
- MedSafe New Zealand: the body that approves medicines for use in New Zealand. On this site, you can find out what medicines are registered safe for use in New Zealand, whether they are publicly funded or not.
- PHARMAC New Zealand: the Government's drug-buying agency responsible for determining which medicines will be publicly funded. On this site you can find out which medicines are publicly funded.
- Medicines New Zealand: Pharmaceutical industry association body in New Zealand.
Medicines for breast cancer:
- US National Cancer Institute new drugs approved for breast cancer: provides a helpful list of new breast cancer medicines approved by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Australia New Zealand Breast Cancer Clinical Trials group: lists clinical trials of new medicines that are underway in New Zealand and Australia
- The US site Breastcancer.org lists all breast cancer medicines available.