Pinc & STEEL PaddleOn Summer Enrolments Now Open
Pinc & STEEL PaddleOn is a stand-up paddle (SUP) rehabilitation programme, for men and women recovering from all types of cancer.
Delivered over five weeks by certified Pinc or STEEL cancer rehabilitation physiotherapists, PaddleOn has been specifically designed to introduce the components of stand-up paddling in a safe, fun small group environment on the water.
It is divided into eight modules to improve balance, core strength, posture, upper body strength, flexibility and fitness.
Participants need to have completed primary cancer treatment (surgery/chemotherapy/radiotherapy) before starting the programme (you may require a Pinc/STEEL physiotherapist assessment first).
The programme is subsidised by the Pinc & STEEL Cancer Rehabilitation Trust and a support person/buddy is also able to join you on the programme. *
Course dates are as follows:
- Matakana (4 Nov - 10 Dec 2017; 15 Jan-16 Feb 2018)
- Castor Bay (4 Nov - 10 Dec 2017; 23 Feb - 28 March 2018 ; 30 April - 27 May 2018)
- Orakei /Okahu Bay (Auckland) (4 Nov - 10 Dec 2017; 12 Feb - 11 March 2018; 12 March - 15 April 2018)
- Rotorua (22 Jan - 25 Feb 2018)
- Taupo (26 Feb - 28 March 2018)
To find out more or to register go to www.paddleon.co.nz
5 October 2017